Pines Academy Campus Magalia California
Upward International Schools:
Pines Academy Campus
The Sensible School Choice with a Biblical World View!
P.O. Box 1821
Magalia, California 95954
Statement of Purpose
The educational philosophy of Upward International Schools (UIS)-Pines Academy Campus is based on the Bible as the authority for our curriculum, for evaluating truth, for determining practices, and as a basis of our faith. Our goal is to teach a Biblical worldview and to train children for a life of service within a school environment of academic excellence.
UIS-Pines Academy exists to “provide a strong Biblical foundation and academic excellence within a Christian environment that will prepare students to impact the world for Christ.”
Philosophy of Education
The Bible exhorts people to, “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
As a result of this teaching, the student will be able to interpret and integrate biblical foundations and truth, honorably applying his or her own God-given abilities and personality. Students will be taught the value of citizenship by understanding biblical concepts of freedom, human dignity, and authority. These skills will better equip the student to live and work with others at home, school, church, and in a changing society, thus becoming a committed servant and leader.
Faculty and Staff
Our faculty and staff are dedicated to model the life of Christ in their everyday walk. Our teachers are the embodiment of our school’s beliefs and values. They are spiritually mature, well-qualified people who focus on academic excellence.
Upward International Schools-Pines Academy is based in Northern California, USA. Its sister school is Upward Learning Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Upward International is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
Admission Philosophy and Guidelines
1. At least one or both parents/guardians must fully agree with and strive to live by the Pines Academy Statement of Cooperation.
2. Prior to admittance, each student will be screened for academic strengths and weaknesses.
3. Parents/guardians must abide by the financial agreements to which they have committed as part of the admission process.
4. It must be understood that attendance at Pines Academy is a privilege and not a right. This privilege may be forfeited by any student and/or parent who does not conform to the school’s standard or conduct and/or who is unwilling to adjust to the environment.
5. UIS—Pines Academy admits students of any race, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school and is non-discriminatory in its policies and practices.
6. Pines Academy reserves the right to select students based on religious commitment, academic performance or readiness, lifestyle choice, volunteer capabilities, and a willingness to cooperate with Pines Academy administration and policies. It is necessary, as part of the admission process, for parents to sign Pines Academy’s “Statement of Cooperation”.
Our chosen curriculum, A Beka Book, equips the student with the means to attain personal academic excellence through classroom instruction, computer-based learning, and focused essential learning goals.
The Academy program encourages students to discover their unique talents and strengths and helps them to develop into life-long learners, reflective practitioners, and productive self-confident citizens. We also assist Home Schooling families to meet their education goals.
You can also receive these materials by calling (530) 873-1412.
Please share this information with your friends.